The Avatar’s Flames is up to just over 52,500 words, so it’s coming along reasonably well. I’m hoping to have it far enough along to have the book up for pre-order when the Ancient Dreams Omnibus goes live, but I can’t make any promises just yet. The bad news is that I scheduled editing with my editor for The Avatar’s Flames, and he was busy through July and a large part of August. I got a time mid-August, so depending on how things go, the earliest you can expect The Avatar’s Flames is late August or early September.
That isn’t to say that I won’t have something to share for The Avatar’s Flames soon, though. June Jenssen started on the cover art for me this past week, and what she’s finished so far is stunning. It should be finished sometime in the next week, possibly after next Sunday if inspiration isn’t with her. Once it’s complete, I intend to share, since I love good art so much.
In other news, I had an idea hit me last week which has led to me working on a second project in the evenings, once my inspiration for The Avatar’s Flames ran out. I must caution that this project is never going to see the light of day. It’s not what I consider publishable in any way, shape, or form. However, it did teach me that I can work on two projects at the same time if they’re sufficiently different. That being the case, once I finish my current side project, I’m going to cautiously see if this means I can work on an entire second novel.
I’m not going to talk about my secondary projects on the blog, in case it turns out that I can’t work on two projects at once, at least not until I’m certain that they aren’t going to peter out and die halfway. The primary focus for me will always be the story which I’m giving updates on from one week to the next. But hey, if I can start improving my productivity more, that might help with my copious idea backlog.
I hope everyone has a great week, and feel free to ask questions if you want!