Happy New Year!
First of all, I have books to announce! Since I decided not to hang onto the files for long, the omnibi of Lilith’s Shadow are going live tomorrow. I went the rounds with myself over when to do it, and just decided to get the books out there as quickly as possible. So you’re aware, the only things that have changed in them is that I did a different foreword and afterward, so if you’re expecting different content, you’ll likely be disappointed.
I also have the pre-order for Talyn: Rebirth live, which is scheduled for January 17th, which was unintentionally one day short of the five year anniversary of publishing Ancient Ruins! You can find the link to all three pre-orders below, though I’ll note that as of the time of this writing, the cover of Talyn: Rebirth is not appearing. I’ve emailed Amazon to ask them to fix it, but we’ll see what happens.
- Lilith’s Shadow Omnibus Volume 1 on Amazon.com
- Lilith’s Shadow Omnibus Volume 2 on Amazon.com
- Talyn: Rebirth on Amazon.com
The year has come to a close, and now I’m looking to the new year, and have come to a decision about what my goals are going to look like.
One of the things that I come back to when making my goals is to keep them modest and achievable. I don’t want to push myself too much and not be able to deal with the backlash of failure to finish my goals. So with that in mind, here are my goals for the year. I’ll note that some of them are relatively personal.
- Finish writing three books. Two of these are already determined, Soul Bound 2 and Mistress of Chaos. The last book I’m going to leave up in the air. Hopefully it’ll be Obelisk of Blood, but we’ll see. I have plenty of books to write, so I’m sure I’ll hit this goal. Oh, and it’s phrased this way so it isn’t a matter of publishing the books, but just finishing writing them.
- Publish an RPG supplement. I’ve paid a freelancer to write an ancestry for the apis, using the Pathfinder second edition ruleset, and it’s complete at this point. Mostly I need to figure out all of the legal stuff, get its layout and design done, then publish it. This one is pretty new to me, since it’s in a completely different boat than self-publishing novels.
- Set aside two hours a week to work on my RPG stuff, just for fun.
- Write a complete story I have no intention of publishing whatsoever, just to not have to worry about publishing standards or whether people will like it. 20,000 words sounds about right.
- Exercise a little bit every day for January. If I can build up the habit, extend that small amount each month. Maybe increase the amount of exercising each month, but I’m not pushing it.
That’s it, though. Simple goals that I think will help me in the new year. I hope that all of you have a good year ahead of you!